What materials can be used in Bespoke medal
There are a few great quality materials that are widely used for crafting bespoke medals. Without further delay, let’s get to know them so that you can choose the most suitable materials for your bespoke medals.
1. Zinc alloy:
The most commonly used material for crafting bespoke medals is Zinc alloy these days. Zinc alloy has become more environmentally friendly than before due to the continuous improvement process. As a result, it has become the first choice material for most customers when they want Bespoke medals. If you want to bring out so many details like different characters, animals, landscapes, plants, or anything else crystal clear in your Bespoke medals with a 3D model then Zinc alloy is the one you can go for without any hesitation. This material is great for giving various shapes to medallions. If you want high longevity of the bespoke medals then zinc alloy is great because medals made of this material will not rust and the recipients can keep them for years after years. Zinc alloy is a lot like metal that offers medallions a great sense of weight and durability at the same time.
If you want to use iron for your bespoke medals then you should be aware of the fact that the medals have to be within the size of 40-60 mm. Iron is hard, and if you want larger medals than 60mm with iron then it will be too large for the overall stamping process. These are why iron-made medallions have size restrictions and are generally used only for small-sized medals. If you compare iron with zinc alloy when it comes to the details of the medal pattern, especially the 3D pattern then you should know that it will not be as good as the zinc alloy. Experts suggest that you go with Zinc alloy instead of Iron for your bespoke medals if you want a bigger size than 60mm. Iron medallions will also easily get rusty and the electroplating outer layer will get rusty after being oxidized for a long time.
Copper material is popular for making military bespoke medals. They are quite costly and more expensive than both iron and zinc alloy. If you have a reasonable budget and if the event is quite significant, then you should go with copper because they are softer than the other materials, and this is why copper is highly suitable for both 2D and 3D bespoke medals. Copper medals become perfectly detailed in every way. However, most sports events do not use copper for making their bespoke medals because they are costly.
What processes are needed to produce bespoke medals?
Knowing about all the processes of bespoke medals will give you a better insight into these medals and you will be able to choose with more confidence and discretion. Let us get to know about all the processes bespoke medals go through before they can reach your hands:
1. Bespoke medal artwork making:
Back then, the drawing for custom medals was manual. Designers and artists used their hands to draw on paper. But it has changed after the popularization of computer design systems. Now everyone uses computers for artwork making and it is much faster, easier, and more accurate than before.
2. Mold making:
For going to the next level of crafting bespoke medals, the designs are imported into the carving software for editing and 3D modeling. Then we use the machine to carve the mold carefully. We have to use different types of carving knives with different thicknesses to offer different thicknesses on different lines. Then we check if the mold is matching properly with the design we did earlier.
After the design is fixed and matched, we dig into the mold so that the raw material of bespoke medals can go in. The size of the rabbet depends on the shape and size of the bespoke medals. This is how we improve the smoothness of medallions. It also helps us to have good control over the reject ratio.
After the slotting phase, we always notice that there will always be some small amount of carving knife traces on the bespoke medals’ surface along with needless sandblasts. We get rid of those in this engraving process with proper mold polishing. We use 220# oilstone, 350# oilstone, 450# oilsone, and 600# oilstone to take care of those unnecessary parts which decrease the beauty of medals. We do the whole mold polishing process step by step carefully and we do not leave even the smallest corners. We polish the edges perfectly as well.
We use the die-cast machine for bespoke medals because they are quite suitable for these types of medallions. If the products are large then the small machines are not enough for these medals. We put the mold inside the die-cast machine and then adjust the mold on both the front and back sides properly for greater consistency. We also adjust the pressure accurately to ensure high quality. Before we jump into mass production, we always check the samples of bespoke medals. When we do the quality check and find everything perfect, we set the machine on automation for production with high efficiency.
6. Products Polishing:
As we always make sure that the product goes into the hands of customers with a smooth surface on each side including the edges, we always make sure to polish the surface of both the front and back sides of all bespoke medals.
After polishing the bespoke medals and making all sides smooth, we clean them properly. Then we plate the surface with copper color before adding any color demanded by the client in the order. If you want to purchase bespoke medals from us, you can look forward to colors such as antique gold/ silver/ copper, shiny gold/ silver/ copper, matt gold/ silver/ copper, spray black/ blue/ white, imitation gold, and many more. Then we use oil and baking for covering the bespoke medals. We put them for two hours in the oven so that the electroplated coatings get protection from oxidation.
8. Plating Quality check:
During the time of production, some of the bespoke medals come with watermarks and bubbles on the surface. Some products also have off-color. Therefore, we look properly and take away and prevent these bad products to reach the hands of customers.
9. Color filling:
We begin the work of filling the enamel color according to the Pantone solid coated. According to the area size of the input, we select the most suitable cylinder so that we can fill colors properly. We are very careful in this part of the job because we must avoid spilling and color changing. These works require steady pair of hands and we have plenty in our factory. Then we clean the surface of the bespoke medal where unneeded colors are spilled in the process.
10. Quality control after filled colors:
This is the process of bespoke medals manufacturing where we properly check the quality after we are done with the color filling. We have so many quality checking workers working together to check the bespoke medals one by one and they are making sure that all the parts, texts, and colors are correct and flawless before the medallions can be ready for delivery.
11. Making ribbon:
We have our own ribbon workshop where we make ribbons like stripes ribbons, woven ribbons, printing ribbons along with sublimation ribbons for bespoke medals.
12. Attachment installing:
Before packaging the bespoke medals, we install all the attachments required by the clients like ribbon, chain, rope, etc.
In our packing department, we also have a ribbon sewing system. All of the highly skilled workers in our factory making sure that they are wearing gloves while handling the bespoke medals so that the medals do not have any type of fingermark. We use the highest quality poly bags and carton boxes that keep the products properly protected during overseas transportation.
I wanna bespoke medal, how to do next step?
- If you want to purchase bespoke medals then at first, you will have to gibe is the design you have for the medallions so that we can manufacture based on that. If you do not have a design then you do not have to worry at all because we can start the hassle-free work process with a logo or the draft. Once we take a look at the logo or the draft, we will understand what you will be needing, and then we will proceed. We will easily understand the requirements for the medals such as hard enamel, soft enamel, different types of colors, and many other things. Then you can tell us about what materials and other aspects like 2D or 3D molding you want to choose. After you tell us about these, we will be able to give you the price for bespoke medals based on your requirements.
- Wondering about what are the sizes available for bespoke medals? The usually available size for bespoke medals is 2”/2.25”/2.5”/2.75”/3”/3.5”/4”/4.5”/5” or 50/55/60/65/70 /75/80/85/90/90/100MM and many more. All you have to do is choose a size, tell us your requirements, and we will give you the most accurate and reasonable price with much affordability compared to other medals manufacturers.
- After knowing about the size and process of ordering Bespoke medals, you must be wondering about the thickness of the medallions. The usual thickness for bespoke medals can be 2/2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5/5/5.5/6mm and more. Usually, people use 3MM thickness as it is much more convenient. Therefore, if a customer is confused about the thickness of the bespoke medal or does not know what thickness to order then we will suggest them 3MM. This thickness for bespoke medals will be affordable for the customers. However, this thickness will offer a sense of weight to the recipients.
What is the difference between custom medal and bespoke medal.
- Custom and bespoke medals actually mean the medals that are customized based on the requirements of the customers. So, both basically mean the same thing. However, states in America use custom medals, and countries in Europe call this type of medal bespoke medal.
- The medals have a different loop. The Circular and round shape of the loop is more used in America and most of them use sewing V shape ribbons that are connected to the jupe rings of the medallions. Customers can effortlessly replace the ribbon in the future by using the clip and connecting it to the medal perfectly. This way medals and ribbons can be effortlessly separated.
- On the other hand, most bespoke medals in Europe come in square shape. When it comes to bespoke medals, the ribbons are usually put inside the loop of the medals and then they sew them properly with the threads. If anyone wants to change the ribbons of the bespoke medals in the future then he has to make a gap in the middle of the loop of the squared shape medal and this process is quite easy.
- There are different plating colors when it comes to European bespoke medals and other countries’ custom medals. Countries like the United States, New Zealand, Canada, and Australia use bright color plating for their medals. As a result, these custom medals have a smooth surfaces with good gloss. However, they can be scratched easily. On the other hand, European countries prefer Antique plating for bespoke medals. They come with great quality visual effects with raised and recessed metal effects with the black vibe. The electroplating of these bespoke medals is more durable and as a result, they do not get scratched easily.
- America uses inches as the size of its custom medals. The most common sizes of custom medals are 2”/2.25”/2.5”/2.75”/3”/3.5”/4”/4.5”/5” in America. On the other hand, European countries use millimeters for measuring their bespoke medals. The usual sizes of these medals are 50/55/60/65/70/75/80/85/90/90/100MM and more.
- Bespoke medals from Europe and custom medals from America have different packaging methods as well. People individually pack all the medals and place them in bags because they are electroplated with bright colors. As they are prone to scratches, the Americans avoid the medals from rubbing with each other to prevent scratches during transportation. On the other hand, Bespoke medals are not prone to scratch. This is why they are packed in a bundle. As they come with antique plating colors, they can be packed 25-30pcs in one bundle without any issue at all. This is also good for the environment and one can easily think about not having too much garbage at the event site. So packing a large bag with so many medals is possible when it comes to bespoke medals.
How to choose reliable bespoke medals manufacturers for your business?
- If you want to purchase bespoke medals at an affordable price then you must find a source manufacturer and make sure to stay away from a trader. A source medals manufacturer usually produces medals and then sell them. They have a complete production process from artwork to packaging and transportation. On the other hand, traders purchase medals from manufacturers and then sell those medals to the customers. Therefore, if you want to get the best value for your money then choose the source medals manufacturer. We are a medals manufacturer where you can purchase bespoke medals without coming in contact with any middleman. Our QC in every production line makes sure that the medals are flawless in terms of quality. We have control over the production time of each process and if you need urgent order then we can do that as well by increasing our work speed by mobilizing employees in each department.
- You can go through the medals manufacturer site to check out all the products. In the product catalog, you will see reasonable prices along with quality and delivery time for the bespoke medals. If you see that they have lots of medals collection and they are offering bespoke medals service then you should know that they are your right supplier.
- You can go through all the pictures of their bespoke medals uploaded on the website to check their quality. Look through the styles and think if you like any. You can also ask the supplier to send you a sample of bespoke medals and you can check the quality with your own hands. Even though the samples are free, the customers have to pay for the shipping cost.
- Check for the certification of ISO, Sedex, environmental protection, etc. If they have certificates then you can trust them with their service and quality. Then you can check the review section to find out if they have fulfilled their promise to their previous customers or not.
Now you know what the proper ways to manufacture bespoke medals are. We use all these processes, and you can purchase bespoke medals from us in hassle-free steps by letting us know your requirements. We are also certified by ISO, Sedex, environmental protection, etc. You can trust us and we will give you the best quality result.